Intro Tour: if you love nature, walking through the forest and beautiful landscapes this is your place. Schönberg is a hill located right next to the Freiburg city and it is also part of The Black Forest. Going through the green district of Vauban we will start in one of the most modern and sustainable district in the world to begin walking along community gardens and vineyards to feel part of the essence of Freiburg. Here you will be able to enjoy nature and know more about the history of the city, the history of the black forest and what is happening in this ecosystem. Fresh air all along a relax circular route of 8,5km (approximately 3 hours) hiking to the top of the hill where we will have a beautiful view to the Schauinsland mountain, the Rhine Valley and Freiburg.
What you will see in this tour:
- Vauban Sustainable district
- Jesuitschloss (Old Jesuit castle)
- Typical forest from Schwarzwald (The Black Forest)
- Lookouts to Freiburg city and the Rhine Valley
- Ruins of Schneeburg (Snow castle)
- Typical Schrebergartens
- Information about the forest ecosystem
- The natural history of The Black Forest
- Freiburg city history
20 Euros (Only event calendar price)
Meeting point: Vaubanallee, 79100 Freiburg im Breisgau. Tram line 3, Stop innsbrucker straße.