GREEN DISTRICT VAUBAN
Intro Tour: Freiburg is known as the green capital of Germany with about 230.000 inhabitants this green city located in the Black Forest has several icons when it comes to sustainability. One of the most important is the district Vauban, where solar panels, green walls, colorful architecture and community gardens get together to make true the idea of a sustainable living.
What are we going to see:
- First multifunctional solar building in the world
- Sustainable solar settlement
- First sustainable energy plus house in the world
- Sustainable Hotel Vauban
- First passive haus in Germany
- Green areas and community gardens
- Sustainable architecture
- Biomass energy local plant
15 Euros (Only event calendar price)
Meeting point: Paula-Modersohn-Platz 7, 79100 Freiburg im Breisgau. Tram line 3, Stop Paula-Modersohn-Platz.